Monday, October 1, 2012

Monday 1 October - Kings Cross and Sawyers Arms

I went to Kings Cross to take a look at the new concourse.  It is magnificent but the ticket barriers still cause problems both for people leaving and joining trains.
The new Departures area is vast
There is a platform 9 3/4 for Harry Potter fans,
I met a group from my school year at the Sawyers Arms.  Great fun and lots of talk.
John Bingham, John Palmer. Dai Bamford, Dai Rhys-Tyler, Clive Grenyer, Peter Gregory and Colin Bishop.  I hadn't seen either of the Johns since I left school 52 years ago.
Rob, Clive and Dai Rhys-Tyler
Colin, John Bingham, John Palmer
Dai Rhys-Tyler and Dai Bamford
Peter, Colin, John Bingham, Rob

Fish and Chips and Steak and Ale pie were popular meals to help down the bitter.



No comments:

Post a Comment